How the Gospel is Not Just About Sin
The Gospel is not just about sin. The Gospel is the promise of an inheritance, and believing it makes us beneficiaries of Christ’s work on the cross (dying for our sins) as a means to qualify us to receive that inheritance! By believing in Jesus, we become children of God and heirs together with Christ (Gal 3:26-29). This qualification by redemption, and our position as sons and heirs, is the basis for confidence and assurance in our relationship with Him. The knowledge of our qualification and our position, based on the work of Christ, empowers us to run to the Bema seat on the day of judgment without fear or condemnation! The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation and the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith. It’s a positive message that focuses on the inheritance that God has for us, giving us hope for the future and assurance in our present relationship with Him (1 John 4:17).[Genesis 3:1-5 KJV, Romans 7:14-25 KJV]
II. The Good News of the Gospel
Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead for our justification. By believing this message, we become children of God and heirs together with Christ.[1 Corinthians 15:3-4, Galatians 3:26, Romans 8:17]
III. The Positive Aspect of the Gospel
The focus is on the inheritance that God has for us. This inheritance gives us confidence and assurance in our relationship with Him, empowering us to run to the Bema seat on the day of judgment without fear or condemnation.[Ephesians 1:11, Romans 8:38-39, 2 Corinthians 5:10]
The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation and the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith. The Gospel is a message of hope, love, and peace from God.[Romans 1:16-17, John 3:16]
Keywords: gospel, salvation, inheritance, justification, children of God, assurance.
More related content:
- How do we know we love the brethren?
- I hear people talking about “preaching the gospel to yourself” but I thought that was just the basic message I already believed way back when. Are they just repeating a mantra?
- If we can’t keep the law, and we should not pursue law, how do we expect to have righteousness and holiness in our life?
- How could righteousness have been of faith in the Old Testament when they did works and lived under the law?
- What is Satan’s accusation toward God?
- What does Paul mean when he talks about the “blessedness” of a person in Romans 4:6-8?
- How is the Gospel Tied to Inheritance?
- How to Have Righteousness and Holiness in Life
- How Was the Gospel Known to People Like Abraham and Abel?
- How Does the Gospel Reveal the Righteousness of God?
- How Can We Have Assurance of Eternal Life?